This wooden building in Water Street served as the library for many, many years until 1959 when the splendid building below was opened.
Unlike its predecessor, which still stands, this library was demolished in 2000 to make way for a retail development !
The new, new library was built just a few yards away to the west.
Great Harwood Gleanings, Louie Pollard, 1978, Lancs County Council. Pages 119, 121.
© Great Harwood History Society 2002 - 2017
Great Harwood Appreciation Society