Built in 1905 by Alfred Nuttall of Little Harwood its alternative name is taken from the adjacent bridge (brig) across the now infilled railway cutting.
The green and cream Art Nouveau glazed tiles of the bar also cover the full height of the bar room walls.
There are still four rooms separate from the bar all with bench seating including some of wooden laths which are surprisingly comfortable. A fifth room already had direct access to the bar but has been "opened up" by removing a wall.
"The Victoria is a near-complete example of a purpose built early C20 public house. Its
The Butcher was the last pub in Great Harwood to retain its crown, bowling green but it is now a safe children's play area, part of the beer garden.
A Free House, there is usually a varying choice of eight Real Ales.
Great Harwood Gleanings, Louie Pollard, 1978, Lancs County Council. Page 48
© Great Harwood History Society 2002 - 2017
Great Harwood Appreciation Society