Windsor Road Recreation Ground
This land, 6 acres 2 roods 19 perches, was gifted to the town by Mrs. Helen Trappes Lomax and Mrs. Helen Mary Maxima Howell in 1895 to be used for "recreation and enjoyment ". It was stipulated that there was to be "no building or erection of any kind either permanent or temporary other than a caretakers house and necessary outbuildings and such ornamental shelters and other similar erections as are usual in such cases." In the 1950s the council proposed to build on a small part of the land however nothing came of it.
The east wall of Albion Mill and St. Lawrence Mill chimney form the background.
A Great Harwood Miscellany, Louie Pollard. Page 42, 46
© Great Harwood History Society 2002 - 2017
Great Harwood Appreciation Society